Sunday, February 5, 2012

Catch-up

So it's day 7 now and we're sitting here eating lunch watching the Superbowl (first tv we've watched so far).  We don't get any of the commercials though so we're looking them up online and watching them.  So, I'll give some highlights over the past few days.  I have gone to the beach and body surfed literally every single day here so far and I have never been in this big of waves as I have here.  I had scuba lessons ALL DAY yesterday and hopefully by the time this Sunday rolls around I will have finished my lessons and be fully open water certified.  Hung out with Marshall (guy from the bar the other night) and his entire band and found out he is playing in the Byron Bluesfest (Australia's version of Bonnaroo http://www.bluesfest.com.au/pages/?ParentPageID=11&PageID=142) and I would TOTALLY want to go.  Harlen's 21st birthday was last night and it was a blast.  We had at least 25 of us out on the beach all night partying, playing music, and having fun all night long.  We saw our first snake the other night.
We're almost positive it was a python and it was about 7 foot long but since it was on the porch on one of the cabins we decided to move it.  We couldn't get it to go anywhere from a distance so I moved it by hand (I promise we did it safely mom lol) away from the rest of the camp.  Sorry it's been a couple of days since I posted anything, just been busy with everything that's been going on.  I'll try and post again here in a few more days and hopefully have some more pictures to post up here too.

No comments:

Post a Comment